Job Description: Practice Leader & Office Manager
We are currently looking for a driven and team-oriented practice leader/office manager to oversee all administrative operations in our dental office. You will be responsible for front office employees, including reception and dental assisting specialists. This position will assume fiscal responsibility for dental business operations, efficient staffing and scheduling models, and policy/procedure development.
To excel in this role, you should be self-motivated, highly organized, a good communicator, and have the talent to inspire teams. It is important that the prospective candidate understands how to manage staff schedules and billing systems.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and manage dental business operations to ensure excellent patient support services.
- Oversee daily office activities and provide direction and guidance to staff as needed.
- Ensure that all patient appointments, cancellations, and last-minute adjustments are handled properly.
- Respond efficiently to patient and doctor needs and inquiries.
- Ensure the delivery of quality dental care to patients.
- Respond to patient queries and issues and ensure patient satisfaction
- Guarantee office productivity, develop and manage all internal office procedures and practices.
- Maintain the dental clinic’s cash control, staff schedules, general ledger, and billing system.
- Deliver direct individual and team leadership to ensure all office employees produce outstanding client service.
- Coordinate the day-to-day execution of office practices that increase productivity and efficiency.
- Respond to clinical and operational issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Create and implement an effective office budget.
- Hire, supervise and train new office employees.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or relevant certification required.
- A minimum of 2 years of dental administration experience.
- Should have exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated to delivering excellent customer service.
- Must be friendly, professional, and highly organized.
- Solid understanding of dental billing and insurance procedures.
- Previous dental experience is beneficial.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee will encounter while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to blood-borne pathogens, airborne fomites, infections, and other contagious diseases; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration. In addition, the employee is frequently exposed to the risk of radiation.
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays - regardless of what day it falls on
- Office Bonus System