We are hiring a dental assistant for our busy dental practice. You will help with preparing patients, sterilizing instruments, setting up rooms, and some dental hygiene tasks. To do well in this role you should have a dental x-ray certification and provide a great level of patient care.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for dental work.
- Help with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assist dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
- Assist dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
- Provide great patient care.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and care for dental x-ray equipment.
- Give patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
- Collect and record medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Provide postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
- Care for dental equipment.
- Form preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Order dental supplies and maintain dental equipment inventory.
- Fabricate temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assisting program.
- Dental x-ray certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to provide great patient care.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee will encounter while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to blood-borne pathogens, airborne fomites, infections, and other contagious diseases; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration. In addition, the employee is frequently exposed to the risk of radiation.
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays - regardless of what day it falls on
- Office Bonus System