We are searching for a knowledgeable dentist who can provide a range of services to our patients. The dentist will meet with patients, assess their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures such as root canals, extractions, and oral surgeries, and work with other staff members, such as dental hygienists and assistants, to provide our clients with quality dental services. You should also be able to assist in the management of the practice and in promoting better oral hygiene.
To be a successful dentist, you should be caring, communicative, and experienced in diagnosing and treating dental ailments. You should also be skilled with the various tools and procedures needed to correct dental complaints and ensure the oral health of patients.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns.
- Perform regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Perform dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Apply helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribe medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Give clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Order diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Use tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keep records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Manage and communicate with other staff members to provide care to patients.
- Educate patients on proper brushing techniques, flossing, and fluoride use.
- Promote good oral health and preventive dental care (e.g. by scheduling regular check-ups).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Doctorate of dental surgery or dental medicine.
- State license and malpractice insurance.
- Additional experience, certifications, or licensing may be required.
- Strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental and health care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to keep detailed records.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
- Good management skills.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee will encounter while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to blood-borne pathogens, airborne fomites, infections, and other contagious diseases; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration. In addition, the employee is frequently exposed to the risk of radiation.
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Office Bonus System