A Blueprint Smiles Dental Group office is seeking a friendly Expanded Duties Dental Assistant to support the clinical treatment care of our patients. As an Expanded Duties Dental Assistant, you will play a large role in the provision of effective and trustworthy dental services. You will sustain patient comfort, soothe upset patients, listen to their needs, and educate them on dental procedures. You will also manage clinical supplies, work efficiently to maintain the supported dentist’s schedule and adhere to all OSHA and company safety policies. We focus on providing affordable, comfortable dentistry and patient care to all of our patients. Learn more below!
We understand that you work hard, which is why each Blueprint Smiles Dental Group location provides an excellent compensation and benefits package. Additionally, Blueprint Smiles’ extensive training and continuing education opportunities exceed industry norms. Each Blueprint Smiles location invests heavily in your professional and personal growth and wants to see you succeed. If your career ambitions include leadership and further advancement, our network of supported locations offer many opportunities to help you meet your goals.
- Optimal work/life balance: we work limited Fridays each month and no weekends!! Typically the schedule is Monday to Thursday is 8am – 5pm, Friday is 8am – 1pm.
- Staff bonus systems available!
- We use the latest in dental technology, making our offices much more efficient. Here are some of the ways we make your life easier:
Job Requirement – Expanded Function Dental Assistant – EFDA – Dental Assistant:
As an Expanded Function Dental Assistant, you must have a positive and outgoing personality, exceptional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, excellent patient care skills and strong organizational skills. You will organize and maintain lab equipment, take and develop X-rays and provide comprehensive post-operative dental procedures to patients.
Additional requirements for the Expanded Duties Dental Assistant include:
- Ability to educate and care for our patients
- Showing excellent customer service
- Taking and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs
- Assisting the dentist in managing dental emergencies
- Superior working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Good manual dexterity
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to attend quarterly company retreats (minimal travel)
- Dental assisting school certificate is a plus
- 3-5 years of previous work experience in a dental practice is preferred.
Blueprint Smiles Dental Group retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.